Managers and apprentices at Balfour Beatty talk about opportunities and careers in construction and give a behind the scenes look at transforming the Olympic Stadium.
More information about
Check out 12 videos about this career
DescriptionProduction managers and directors in construction direct and co-ordinate resources for the construction and maintenance of civil and structural engineering works including houses, flats, factories, roads and runways, bridges, tunnels and railway works, harbour, dock and marine works and water supply, drainage and sewage works.
QualificationsThere are no pre-set entry standards. Entry is possible with either a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience, via apprenticeships or S/NVQs in Management at levels 3 to 5. On-the-job training is provided and professional qualifications are available.
- Liaises with other managers to plan overall production activity and construction activities, sets quality standards and estimates timescales and costs;
- Receives invitations to tender, arranges for estimates and liaises with client, architect and engineers for the preparation of contracts;
- Plans, directs and co-ordinates the construction and maintenance of civil and structural engineering works, including demolition, open-cast mining works and pipeline and piling;
- Receives reports upon work in progress to ensure that materials and construction methods meet with specifications and statutory requirements and that there are no deviations from agreed plans.
for this job
|Architectural & related||19738|
|Services to buildings||6985|
|Head offices, etc||4136|
Where to go next
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types