Beau F is Lead Artist with Realtime Worlds. He says "I started to see actual art appearing in these games and I thought, maybe I can actually use my artistic talent to get into games... the art director at this company said they didn't have any positions for somebody who was still in school but they were looking for testers, so I was like, well I can test games, and that's how I got my foot in the door."
More information about
Check out 13 videos about this career
DescriptionArtists create artistic works using appropriate techniques, materials and media; design artwork and illustrations; and restore damaged pieces of art.
QualificationsNo specific academic qualifications are required although a variety of vocational qualifications, degrees and postgraduate courses are available. Entry can be based upon portfolio work.
- Conceives and develops ideas and ways of working for artistic composition;
- Selects appropriate materials, medium and method;
- Prepares sketches, scale drawings or colour schemes;
- Builds up composition into finished work by carving, sculpting, etching, painting, engraving, drawing, etc.;
- Approaches managers of galleries and exhibitions in order to get finished work displayed;
- Uses artistic skills to restore damaged artworks;
- Liaises with writers and publishers to produce book illustrations;
- Markets and sells finished work directly to customers;
- Produces works on commission basis for clients.
for this job
|Arts & entertainment||6644|
|Computer programming, etc||5180|
|Other personal service||2900|
|Head offices, etc||1869|