David P is the Operations Manager at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Manchester Airport. Originally he didn't know what to do for a career, so he took up an opportunity to work in a hotel. "It's one of those industries that just keeps hold of you. Either your enjoy it or you don't, and for me I enjoyed it and at that point I decided that's what I wanted to do."
More information about Managers and proprietors in other services n.e.c.
Check out 1 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of managerial tasks in other service industries not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 125: Managers and Proprietors in Other Services.
QualificationsEntry requirements vary according to the particular company and/or service. Some companies do not require candidates to have academic qualifications but others require a degree or equivalent qualification. Off- and on-the-job training may be provided.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements;
- Ensures that adequate reserves of merchandise are held and that stock keeping is carried out efficiently;
- Authorises payment for supplies received and decides on vending price and credit terms;
- Examines quality of merchandise and ensures that effective use is made of advertising and display facilities;
- Manages agencies to provide services out-sourced by other organisations and businesses;
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate service levels to meet the objectives of the business.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||18367|
|Legal & accounting||15877|
|Land transport, etc||11004|
|Printing & recording||8077|
|Arts & entertainment||7761|