Deidre B is an Accounts Assistant at NVT Group. When she was younger she didn't feel she needed a career, but she changed her mind. She had to go to night school and do an HNC as a condition of getting this job, so now she's got some professional qualifications.
More information about Financial and accounting technicians
Check out 7 videos about this career
DescriptionFinancial and accounting technicians work alongside accountants and other financial professionals in managing the financial affairs of organisations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements. Professional qualifications are available from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Association of Accounting Technicians. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4. Exemptions to professional examinations may be granted to those with certain academic qualifications.
- Maintains profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and other accounting records;
- Produces, collates and reports financial information for managers;
- Liaises with clients to ensure that payments are made on time and credit limits are not exceeded;
- Ensures invoices and payments are correct and sent out on time;
- Monitors accounting systems to determine accounts are being maintained effectively and provides information on accounting practices to auditors.
for this job
|Legal & accounting||5830|
|Head offices, etc||2273|
|Public admin. & defence||1728|
|Architectural & related||1258|
|Food & beverage services||1186|