Diane Docwra is a Beauty Therapy Lecturer at Cambridge Regional College. She is a qualified beauty therapist, and had to take more qualifications to become a teacher while she was doing a full-time job. "You do think you're never going to get it done, but you find a way... It's a good career move and it pays off in the end."
More information about Further education teaching professionals
Check out 13 videos about this career
DescriptionFurther education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
QualificationsFurther education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students;
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables;
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||2989|
|Sport & recreation||2188|
|Services to buildings||1946|
|Arts & entertainment||1026|