Eric L is a music producer and also head of music at Rolling Sound. He did a degree in business studies, but his best friend's suicide changed his outlook on life. "Came across music and then realised that it was my passion and I, you know, believed in it and believed I was good at it." He was right. His family was very proud when he was nominated for a Pearl Award.
Check out 25 videos about this career
DescriptionArts officers, producers and directors assume creative, financial and organisational responsibilities in the production and direction of television and radio programmes, films, stage presentations, content for other media, and the promotion and exhibition of other creative activities.
QualificationsEntry can be via academic qualifications, BTEC/SQA awards, diplomas or degrees in sector-relevant subjects. Apprenticeships are available at NVQ Levels 2 and 3 in some areas.
- Chooses writers, scripts, technical staff and performers, and assumes overall responsibility for completion of project on time and within budget;
- Directs actors, designers, camera team, sound crew and other production and technical staff to achieve desired effects;
- Breaks script into scenes and formulates a shooting schedule that will be most economical in terms of time, location and sets;
- Prepares rehearsal and production schedule for main events, design of sets and costumes, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals;
- Ensures necessary equipment, props, performers and technical staff are on set when required;
- Manages health and safety issues;
- Selects, contracts, markets and arranges for the presentation and/or distribution of performance, visual and heritage arts.
for this job
|Film & music||17999|
|Arts & entertainment||4811|
|Head offices, etc||4740|
|Services to buildings||3180|
|Computer programming, etc||3065|
|Sport & recreation||2146|