Francesca E is the Press and PR manager for The Globe Theatre. "Thank goodness I had great parents who sort of trusted the fact that I wanted to do Theatre Studies at University, even though it wasn't actually going to give me a trade at the end of it."
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionAdvertising and public relations directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the advertising, public relations and public information activities of an organisation.
QualificationsEntry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Advertising Accounts Manager, Public Relations Officer) and although there are no pre-set entry standards, in practice most advertising and public relations directors hold a degree. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed and develops the most appropriate strategy to deliver the objectives;
- Defines target group and implements strategy through appropriate media planning work;
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way;
- Reviews and revises campaign strategy in light of sales figures, surveys, etc. and takes appropriate corrective measures if necessary;
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates;
- Directs the arranging of conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||5524|
|Legal & accounting||2099|
|Film & music||688|