Gail D organises musical events at the Sage Gateshead. "The best thing is definitely seeing, you know, a completely full hall with an audience who are absolutely loving a gig and then seeing the artists really, really enjoying that as well." She started organising gigs and tours while she was still at university. "You've got to remember when you go to uni to get as much experience, life experience as well as studying experience, as you can."
Check out 11 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities;
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client;
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors;
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff;
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event;
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||16347|
|Sport & recreation||7524|
|Services to buildings||3457|
|Head offices, etc||2055|