Gareth E worked as a cabinet maker when he left school. He was really shy and didn't feel that university was right for him then. He went on to manage bars and clubs in Greece and back home for Leeds United. When his Dad had a heart attack he chose to settle down so he could be with his family. He now works as Stage Door Keeper for Leeds Grand Theatre and runs his own business.
Check out 8 videos about this career
DescriptionReceptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. There are a variety of relevant vocational qualifications available. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Level 2 that encompass various aspects of reception work. Professional qualifications are also available.
- Receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department;
- Records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations;
- Answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries;
- Supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients;
- Records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency;
- Maintains reception area in good order.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||15052|
|Sport & recreation||13623|
|Head offices, etc||13133|
|Sale of motor vehicles||11518|
|Public admin. & defence||8877|