Gemma B is an Athlete and a Customer Service Assistant at Lee Valley Athletics Centre. She hopes to compete in the 2012 Olympics as a hurdler, but after that she is planning on retiring from athletics to take up sports psychology or education psychology. "I'm not interested in the idea of becoming a coach. I think when I retire from athletics that will be it."
More information about Sports players
Check out 7 videos about this career
DescriptionProfessional sportsmen and women train and compete, either individually or as part of a team, in their chosen sport for financial gain.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required. Entry is based upon talent that can be further developed through coaching and training.
- Participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions;
- Attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics;
- Builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training;
- Maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment;
- Discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||11859|
|Services to buildings||491|