Gemma W works in Customer Services for Arcadia Group. As a teenager she was passionate about hairdressing but she left her college course to start a family. She enjoys her job but she feels she hasn't got any qualifications to fall back on, and really regrets not finishing the NVQ in hairdressing.
More information about Customer service occupations n.e.c.
Check out 8 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of customer service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 721: Customer Service Occupations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job, supplemented by specialist short courses.
- Receives enquiries from potential and existing clients, discusses requirements, and recommends products or services;
- Discusses pricing processes with clients, agrees payment arrangements and handles customer accounts;
- Makes reservations, books tickets, organises insurance policies on behalf of customers;
- Follows up clients to ensure their satisfaction with a product or service and to gain renewal of customer service agreements;
- Addresses customer complaints and problems;
- Informs customers of special promotions and new product launches.
for this job
|Services to buildings||17782|
|Food & beverage services||12090|
|Sport & recreation||6653|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types