Gemma W works in Customer Services for Arcadia Group. As a teenager she was passionate about hairdressing but she left her college course to start a family. She enjoys her job but she feels she hasn't got any qualifications to fall back on, and really regrets not finishing the NVQ in hairdressing.
Check out 8 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of customer service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 721: Customer Service Occupations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job, supplemented by specialist short courses.
- Receives enquiries from potential and existing clients, discusses requirements, and recommends products or services;
- Discusses pricing processes with clients, agrees payment arrangements and handles customer accounts;
- Makes reservations, books tickets, organises insurance policies on behalf of customers;
- Follows up clients to ensure their satisfaction with a product or service and to gain renewal of customer service agreements;
- Addresses customer complaints and problems;
- Informs customers of special promotions and new product launches.
for this job
|Services to buildings||17782|
|Food & beverage services||12090|
|Sport & recreation||6653|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types