Georgie S raises money for Wood Green Animal Shelters. The turning point in her career was joining the marketing department at the RSPB. She had not worked with marketing people and she found their creativity, passion, flexibility and drive an inspiration for her own career.
More information about
Check out 17 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage and oversee major projects across all sectors of modern industry, commerce and the public sector, in areas such as e-commerce, business analysis, finance, product development, marketing, human resources.
QualificationsEntry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.
- Finds out what the client or company wants to achieve;
- Agrees timescales, costs and resources needed;
- Draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project;
- Selects and leads a project team;
- Negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services;
- Ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards;
- Reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||34631|
|Computer programming, etc||16347|
|Architectural & related||14112|
|Public admin. & defence||7055|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types