Graham S is a Partnership Manager in Employer Engagement at Cambridge Regional College. He started off on a career in banking, but when he went on a course and met the tutors he realised that that was what he really wanted to do.
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the administration, support systems and activities that facilitate the effective running of a university, college or other educational establishment.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification and have gained significant relevant experience in the field of education. Specialist training courses and professional qualifications are available.
- Considers staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- Arranges for evaluation of management, accounting, information storage and retrieval and other facilities;
- Provides administrative support to the academic team;
- Leads or contributes to decision making processes regarding curricula, budgetary, disciplinary and other matters;
- Controls administrative aspects of student admission, registration and graduation;
- Acts as secretary to statutory and other bodies/committees associated with the educational establishment;
- Drafts and interprets regulations and deals with queries and complaints procedures;
- Organises examinations, necessary invigilations and any security procedures required;
- Arranges for the preparation and publication of syllabuses and other official documents;
- Assists with recruitment, public relations and marketing activities;
- Coordinates and maintains quality assurance procedures.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||3907|
|Food & beverage services||1714|
|Services to buildings||1075|