Gwenyth B is a Business Relationship Manager and works for IBM. She says "I thoroughly enjoyed university for the people that I met, the subjects that I studied and I had a great three years. You're learning new things every day. I learnt how to cook my own dinner and wash my own clothes, which my mother was very pleased about."
Check out 17 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage and oversee major projects across all sectors of modern industry, commerce and the public sector, in areas such as e-commerce, business analysis, finance, product development, marketing, human resources.
QualificationsEntry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.
- Finds out what the client or company wants to achieve;
- Agrees timescales, costs and resources needed;
- Draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project;
- Selects and leads a project team;
- Negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services;
- Ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards;
- Reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||35572|
|Computer programming, etc||16516|
|Architectural & related||14437|
|Public admin. & defence||7082|