Helen initially wanted to go into the police force after graduating but failed the entrance exam by a tiny percentage. She is proud of how she has worked her way up the ladder at Chaucer Insurance where she now works in the Sales department. She praises her parents for their constant support throughout her life.
More information about Telephone salespersons
Check out 1 videos about this career
DescriptionTelephone salespersons obtain, receive, process and record telephone orders for goods and services.
QualificationsAcademic qualifications may be required. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses in practical skills. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
- Learns about the product(s)/service(s) to be sold;
- Telephones potential customers, explains purpose of call, discusses their requirements and advises on the goods/services being offered;
- Quotes prices, credit terms and delivery conditions and records details of orders agreed;
- Receives orders for goods/services by telephone and records relevant details;
- Arranges despatch of goods and services, information and/or brochures to customers;
- Maintains record of sales statistics, customers contacted and changes to customer details.
for this job
|Services to buildings||7137|
|Legal & accounting||4230|
|Computer programming, etc||1398|
|Head offices, etc||1105|
|Rubber & plastic||721|