Ian M is an Assistant Editor on the TV series Primeval. He's also been a builder, in fact he was a builder for seven years. But then he went back to college and spent five years in full-time education to qualify in television and video production.
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionTV, video and audio engineers service and repair domestic television, video and audio appliances.
QualificationsEntrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or an equivalent qualification such as an Intermediate GNVQ/GSVQ Level II. Training is provided off- and on-the-job and may be supplemented by short courses delivered by manufacturers. NVQs/SVQs in Domestic Appliance Engineering are available at Level 3.
- Examines equipment and observes reception to determine nature of defect;
- Uses electronic testing equipment to diagnose faults and check voltages and resistance;
- Dismantles equipment and repairs or replaces faulty components or wiring;
- Re-assembles equipment, tests for correct functioning and makes any necessary further adjustments;
- Carries out service tasks such as cleaning and insulation testing according to schedule.
for this job
|Repair & installation||628|
|Land transport, etc||491|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Job location
- Focus On
- Enterprise types