Jatt Sanghere is a supply chain assistant at John Lewis in Oxford Street. It can be a very busy and challenging job. He values the support of his family. He's sure he would have dropped out of university without his sister's help. He lives with his brother and his family, and his nieces inspire him to put his work life into perspective. "They just make me kind of forget. I can hit a reset button."
More information about
Check out 6 videos about this career
DescriptionSales and retail assistants demonstrate and sell a variety of goods and services in shops, stores, showrooms and similar establishments.
QualificationsNo minimum academic qualifications are required although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job. Apprenticeships and NVQs/SVQs in Retail Operations are available at various levels.
- Discusses customer requirements, including type and price range of goods/services desired;
- Advises customer on selection, purchase, use and care of merchandise and quotes prices, discounts and delivery times;
- Advises customer making major purchase on credit terms and arranges finance as appropriate;
- Receives full or partial payment, checks validity of form of payment, writes or prints bill, receipt or docket and packages merchandise for customer;
- Arranges and replenishes goods on display stands, undertakes stock checks and assists with the receipt of deliveries from suppliers into the stock room;
- Handles returns and deals with customer complaints.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||56240|
|Sale of motor vehicles||28992|
|Sport & recreation||11590|
|Repair of goods||10898|
|Other personal service||6358|