John B rides raceshorses for Godolphin, a private racing establishment owned by the crown ruler of Dubai. His passion has always been for horses. "The actual buzz of riding a winner is great. Can't beat that feeling. Can't beat it." After a few years as a freelance jockey he moved to training, and he is glad he did because Godolphin is "the Ferrari of horse racing". "Horseracing will never leave my bones and my system, you know, it's part of my soul and I hope to be riding out up until the very last day that I breathe."
More information about
Check out 7 videos about this career
DescriptionProfessional sportsmen and women train and compete, either individually or as part of a team, in their chosen sport for financial gain.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required. Entry is based upon talent that can be further developed through coaching and training.
- Participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions;
- Attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics;
- Builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training;
- Maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment;
- Discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||11670|
|Services to buildings||502|