Kelly R is Commercial Sales Executive at Sheffield United Football Club. She looks after the advertising on the perimeter boards, in the programme, sponsorships, shirt sponsorships and stand sponsorships. She didn't do as well as she had wanted at A level - but ended up with a hospitality degree following on from her part time work in a restaurant. Restaurant work in turn led her to Bramhall Lane.
More information about
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionBusiness sales executives provide advice to existing and potential customers, and receive orders for specialist machinery, equipment, materials and other products or services that require technical knowledge.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements, although entrants usually possess academic qualifications and/or relevant experience in a particular profession or speciality. Training is usually on-the-job. Professional qualifications and NVQs/ SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
- Discusses customer requirements and advises them on the capabilities and limitations of the goods or services being sold;
- Quotes prices, credit details, delivery dates and payment arrangements and arranges for delivery and installation of goods if appropriate;
- Makes follow up visits to ensure customer satisfaction and to obtain further orders;
- Stays abreast of advances in product/field and suggests possible improvements to product or service;
- Maintains records and accounts of sales made and handles customer complaints.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||7294|
|Head offices, etc||5556|
|Sale of motor vehicles||5208|
|Architectural & related||4988|