Kristian E is a Chiropractor, he says "typically what we tend to treat would be things like aches and pains... So a lot of Chiropractors can tend to work with sports teams, and athletes." He says that after A levels "I could have actually gone straight to the Chiropractic College... but decided to do was go to University first." He studied Human Biology. Becoming a Chiropractor took another 5 years.
More information about Physiotherapists
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionPhysiotherapists plan and apply massage, promote and encourage movement and exercise, use hydrotherapy, electro-therapy and other technological equipment in the treatment of a wide range of injuries, diseases and disabilities in order to assist rehabilitation by developing and restoring body systems.
QualificationsEntry is most common with GCSEs/S grades and A levels/H grades followed by up to four years training on an approved degree scheme necessary for state registration as a physiotherapist. Some science and other graduates are eligible for accelerated two-year pre-registration MSc degree programmes in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Science. Candidates must pass a medical examination.
- Examines medical reports and assesses patient to determine the condition of muscles, nerves or joints in need of treatment;
- Writes up patients’ case notes and reports, maintains their records and manages caseload;
- Plans and undertakes therapy to improve circulation, restore joint mobility, strengthen muscles and reduce pain;
- Explains treatment to and instructs patient in posture and other exercises and adapts treatment as necessary;
- Offers advice and education on how to avoid injury and promote patient’s future health and well-being;
- Supervises physiotherapy assistants;
- Monitors patient’s progress and liaises with others concerned with the treatment and rehabilitation of patient, and refers patients requiring other specific medical attention.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||3758|
|Public admin. & defence||2503|
|Head offices, etc||1142|
|Services to buildings||853|