Linda B is a hospitality assistant for ScotRail, "I've got a trolley and I serve tea and coffee and snacks on board the trains". The thing she enjoys most about her job is travelling to somewhere different every day and meeting new people from all over the world. Linda has also worked in New York as an au pair.
More information about kitchen and catering assistants
Check out 1 video about this career
Workers in this unit group assist in the preparation and service of food and beverages in restaurants, cafés and other eating establishments, and perform various cleaning, fetching and carrying tasks.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 1 and 2.
- Cleans or prepares food for cooks by hand or machine
- Carries meat, vegetables and other foodstuffs from delivery van to storeroom and from storeroom to kitchen
- Cleans and tidies service area, kitchen surfaces, crockery, cutlery, glassware, kitchen utensils and disposes of rubbish
- Prepares and serves beverages and light refreshments, accepts payment and gives change
- Keeps service area well stocked.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||115,678|
|Services to buildings||35,202|