After a degree in biomedical science, Madeline worked as a healthcare assistant in her local hospital. Whilst there she found out about the Graduate Management training scheme. She was already interested in the NHS and could see the benefits of an accelerated training program.
More information about IT specialist managers
Check out 8 videos about this career
DescriptionIT specialist managers plan, organise, manage and coordinate the provision of specialist IT services and functions in an organisation.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Plans, coordinates and manages the organisation’s IT provision or a specialist area of IT activity;
- Liaises with users, senior staff and internal/external clients to clarify IT requirements and development needs;
- Takes responsibility for managing the development of a specialist aspect of IT provision such as user support, network operations, service delivery or quality control;
- Supervises the technical team and coordinates training;
- Plans and monitors work and maintenance schedules to ensure agreed service levels are achieved;
- Reports on IT activities to senior management.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||28674|
|Legal & accounting||23683|
|Head offices, etc||16653|
|Public admin. & defence||6025|