"I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do but I knew it had to be artistic or creative." Malini studied visual culture at degree level, then worked at BMW and as a debt collector before starting at the V&A as an intern. She now works in the learning and visitor experience team and her role includes diary and office management, and helping out with events.
More information about Personal assistants and other secretaries
Check out 7 videos about this career
DescriptionPersonal assistants and other secretaries provide administrative and secretarial support to individuals, departmental or management teams within organisations.
QualificationsThere are no minimum academic requirements, although entry to professional secretarial courses typically requires GCSEs/S grades. NVQs/SVQs are available in Administration at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
- Acts as a first point of contact for a manager or team with colleagues and people from outside organisations, fields telephone enquiries, takes and passes on messages;
- Arranges appointments, keeps business diary, organises travel arrangements, makes reservations and organises a variety of functions;
- Opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (in hard copy and electronic) and deals directly with routine correspondence;
- Uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation;
- Arranges and attends meetings, takes minutes and prepares records of proceedings;
- Translates documents and liaises with overseas clients and suppliers.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||21120|
|Architectural & related||12143|
|Services to buildings||10971|