Margo W is an Events Manager for a racecourse. "I always had this passion for the horse racing industry, and I started off working in horse racing and worked in Australia for three years. When I returned from Australia, although I very much still enjoyed my job, I didn't really feel that there was that much of a future in it for me." So she went back to college to do a degree in equine science and got a job at a racecourse, but she still manages to go riding early every morning. She feels that she has a good career in management in the horse racing industry.
Check out 11 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities;
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client;
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors;
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff;
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event;
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||16347|
|Sport & recreation||7524|
|Services to buildings||3457|
|Head offices, etc||2055|