Marion joined Standard Life within their Customer Services Team. She left school at 16 as she felt that she wanted to go out to get a job, rather than continue to study. She moved around different administration and IT roles but realised that she was developing useful project management roles. She's always enjoyed customer facing roles and feels she's now found a role that totally suits her within the Events Management team.
Check out 11 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities;
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client;
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors;
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff;
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event;
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||16347|
|Sport & recreation||7524|
|Services to buildings||3457|
|Head offices, etc||2055|