Mark F is the Head of Games Research Labs for Jagex Limited. He says, "Games Research Labs is essentially a games studio... and what we do there is we make games. My job is to manage the production of those games, manage the schedule, the releasing and make sure that good games come out of it at the end. I have the best job in the world with the possible exception of an astronaut... It's exceptionally good fun!"
Check out 16 videos about this career
DescriptionProgrammers and software development professionals design, develop, test, implement and maintain software systems in order to meet the specifications and business objectives of the information system; they also design and develop specialist software e.g. for computer games.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Examines existing software and determines requirements for new/modified systems in the light of business needs;
- Undertakes feasibility study to design software solutions;
- Writes and codes individual programs according to specifications;
- Develops user interfaces;
- Tests and corrects software programs;
- Writes code for specialist programming for computer games, (for example, artificial intelligence, 3D engine development);
- Implements and evaluates the software;
- Plans and maintains database structures;
- Writes operational documentation and provides subsequent support and training for users.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||111143|
|Head offices, etc||19167|
|Legal & accounting||17363|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types