Mary A is the Chairman of Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. She had a keen interest in science as a child, and after gaining a Phd she began a portfolio career, "I was recruited onto the board of my trust in 1993 and I'm very glad they appointed me, because it's probably the most worthwhile thing I've ever done".
Check out 2 videos about this career
DescriptionOfficers of non-governmental organisations perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in the running of trade associations, employers’ associations, learned societies, trade unions, charitable organisations and similar bodies.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements although pre-entry experience is usually necessary. Some organisations only employ their own members, although evidence of related work within pressure groups, the voluntary sector, trade unions or other organisations is generally sufficient.
- Maintains and updates records of membership details, subscription fees, mailing lists, etc.;
- Circulates and reports information of relevance to members and interested parties;
- Arranges meetings, conferences and other events and circulates agenda and other relevant material;
- Receives and responds to written correspondence and telephone enquiries from members and other organisations;
- Assists with fund raising activities within a specified geographical area;
- Prepares and provides measures of organisational activity for senior officials.
for this job
|Services to buildings||2835|
|Public admin. & defence||2412|
|Head offices, etc||1913|
|Sport & recreation||1641|