Matthew Witt is a Business Operations Consultant for a "pretty large internet business". He describes the most satisfying achievement of his career, "the internet company that we started up... growing it to a stage where it's profitable and successful and then finding somebody else who was that excited by it that they wanted to pay quite a large sum of money for it, it's a very satisfying experience".
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group advise industrial, commercial and other establishments on a variety of management and business-related matters to assist in the formulation of financial and business policies in order to maximise growth or improve business performance.
QualificationsEntry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification, but is possible with other academic qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and will be a requirement in some areas.
- Assesses the functions, objectives and requirements of the organisation seeking advice;
- Identifies problems concerned with business strategy, policy, organisation, procedures, methods and markets;
- Determines the appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyses and interprets information gained and formulates and implements recommendations and solutions;
- Advises governments, commercial enterprises, organisations and other clients in light of research findings;
- Runs workshops, and addresses seminars, conferences and the media to present results of research activity or to express professional views.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||107120|
|Computer programming, etc||16048|
|Architectural & related||4285|