Matt Booth is an E-Commerce Business Analyst for Spicers, an office supplies wholesaler. "It's almost a translator role in that you've got to speak one language to business people who don't understand IT and another language to the IT people who don't understand the business." He studied physics at university but realised he didn't want to make a career of it, so when a job came up at Spicers where he could use his computing skills, he applied for it.
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group advise industrial, commercial and other establishments on a variety of management and business-related matters to assist in the formulation of financial and business policies in order to maximise growth or improve business performance.
QualificationsEntry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification, but is possible with other academic qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and will be a requirement in some areas.
- Assesses the functions, objectives and requirements of the organisation seeking advice;
- Identifies problems concerned with business strategy, policy, organisation, procedures, methods and markets;
- Determines the appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyses and interprets information gained and formulates and implements recommendations and solutions;
- Advises governments, commercial enterprises, organisations and other clients in light of research findings;
- Runs workshops, and addresses seminars, conferences and the media to present results of research activity or to express professional views.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||107120|
|Computer programming, etc||16048|
|Architectural & related||4285|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types