Mustafa dealt with dyslexia at school by talking and drawing. His interest in art led him to the prestigious London College of Printing where he obtained a degree in graphic design. He experienced set backs early in his career which gave him the opportunity to set up his own agency. From here he was able to grow both in confidence and his abilities.
Check out 10 videos about this career
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client’s specified requirements.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website;
- Presents design options to the client;
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access;
- Develops the website and applications;
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems;
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery;
- Writes and publishes content for the website;
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going ‘live’, and monitors and maintains functionality of the website;
- Activates the ‘live’ website.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||17050|
|Head offices, etc||7889|
|Public admin. & defence||1856|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types