Naomi D is a Senior Lecturer in Fine Art and a practising Artist. She said her art teachers "made me think so hard it hurt". She was good at physics, maths and making things- so was set to follow her family into engineering, but instead she followed her passion. Now she combines these things as a sculpture.
More information about Higher education teaching professionals
Check out 6 videos about this career
DescriptionHigher education teaching professionals deliver lectures and teach students to at least first degree level, undertake research and write journal articles and books in their chosen field of study.
QualificationsEntry will require a good honours first degree plus a higher degree or an equivalent professional qualification. For vocational subjects, practical experience and additional qualifications may also be required.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- Advises students on academic matters and encourages independent research;
- Provides pastoral care or guidance to students;
- Participates in decision making processes regarding curricula, budgetary, departmental and other matters;
- Directs the work of postgraduate students;
- Undertakes research, writes articles and books and attends conferences and other meetings.
for this job
|Services to buildings||2218|
|Head offices, etc||724|
|Architectural & related||504|
|Arts & entertainment||469|
|Other personal service||384|