Narinder S is Assistant Principal at George Salter Collegiate School. His father was not pleased when Narinder said he wanted to work in the family market trading business - which he loved from the age of 8. His father believed in the value of education. At university he changed from computer science, which he did not like, to a mathematics teaching degree. He is also a weekend DJ and likes to spend time with his family.
Check out 6 videos about this career
DescriptionSecondary (and middle school deemed secondary) education teaching professionals plan, organise and provide instruction in one or more subjects, including physical education and diversionary activities, within a prescribed curriculum in a secondary or secondary/ middle school.
QualificationsEntry is with a first degree that provides QTS (qualified teacher status) or, in Scotland, TQ (teaching qualification); or other relevant degree followed by further postgraduate training (most commonly PGCE – Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education, or, in Scotland, PGDE – Professional Graduate Diploma in Education). Further and higher professional qualifications are required for some teaching posts.
- Prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches one or more subjects;
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students’ progress;
- Prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations;
- Maintains records of students’ progress and development;
- Supervises any practical work and maintains classroom discipline;
- Undertakes pastoral duties;
- Supervises teaching assistants and trainees;
- Discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals;
- Assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
for this job
|Services to buildings||6795|
|Food & beverage services||5104|
|Public admin. & defence||2197|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Personal influences
- Job location
- West Midlands
- Enterprise types