"A curiosity about the rest of the world" led Nazia H to leave Bangladesh at age 15 to continue her education in the UK. Now the Regional Director of Cultural Intelligence for international advertising, marketing, and public relations agency Oglivy, Nazia enjoys travelling around the world developing brand names from a cultural perspective.
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionBusiness and related research professionals carry out a variety of research activities for the broadcast and print media, for the police and armed forces intelligence services, for national security agencies and in other non-scientific areas.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification. Training is usually provided on-the-job, or support may be given for postgraduate study. Professional qualifications are available in some areas.
- Liaises with production team to generate and develop ideas for film, television and radio programmes;
- Research sources for accurate factual material, finds suitable contributors to programmes or print features and deals with any copyright issues;
- Briefs presenters, scriptwriters or journalists as required via verbal or written reports;
- Provides administrative support for programme development such as booking facilities;
- Provides support to criminal intelligence or to military or other security operations by gathering and verifying intelligence data and sources;
- Presents findings in the required format, via written reports or presentations;
- Researches images for clients in a wide range of media using specialist picture libraries and archives, museums, galleries etc., or commissions new images;
- Liaises with client on the appropriate image/s to be used;
- Deals with copyright issues and negotiates fees.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||3227|
|Film & music||3146|
|Head offices, etc||1857|
|Computer programming, etc||1835|
|Other personal service||1764|
|Services to buildings||1324|