Nicola has never been afraid to be a little bit different. In her role as Mortuary Services Manager she investigates the cause of death in adults and children. Motivated by the support of a great team, a genuine interest in science and a desire to help people come to terms with the cause of death in their loved ones, she finds her role hugely rewarding.
More information about Undertakers, mortuary and crematorium assistants
Check out 7 videos about this career
DescriptionUndertakers, mortuary and crematorium assistants make funeral arrangements for clients, prepare the deceased for burial or cremation, and supervise and assist the proceedings of funerals.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements although some employers require candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. A full driving licence is often required. Training is provided on-the-job. Professional qualifications in funeral directing and embalming are available.
- Collects body of deceased and assists with the completion of necessary documents;
- Interviews relative or representative of the deceased to discuss preparations for funeral;
- Liaises with cemetery or crematorium authorities on behalf of client;
- Washes and injects body with sterilising fluid to prevent deterioration prior to funeral, and applies cosmetics, wax and other materials to restore normal appearance;
- Provides hearse and funeral cars and leads funeral procession;
- Controls the operations of crematoriums and cemeteries and processes legal documentation.
for this job
|Other personal service||7477|
|Rental & leasing||1684|
|Public admin. & defence||829|