Nigel D is Learning officer at Clumber Park, a National Trust estate. The National Trust created the job because of the demand from the public to learn about wildlife and the countryside. At the time Nigel was countryside warden there, so he applied for the post.
Check out 24 videos about this career
DescriptionVocational and industrial trainers provide instruction in manual, manipulative and other vocational skills and advise on, plan and organise vocational instruction within industrial, commercial and other establishments.
QualificationsNo formal educational qualifications are required for entry, although most entrants have qualified in some other area of work and will require a Certificate in Training Practice. Professional qualifications are available from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. NVQs/SVQs in Training and Development are available at Levels 3, 4 and 5.
- Assesses training requirements and prepares lectures, demonstrations and study aids;
- Supervises trainee development, assists trainees with difficulties and prepares regular progress reports on each trainee for management;
- Arranges work experience and instructional visits for trainees;
- Plans curriculum and rota of staff duties and updates or amends them in light of developments;
- Advises on training programmes and discusses progress or problems with staff and trainees;
- Devises general and specialised training courses in response to particular needs.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||12837|
|Food & beverage services||10666|
|Head offices, etc||9832|