Nikki A is a Fair Value Senior Manager at Fidelity International - she has to be an expert on overseas economies. She realised that after being offered a job in sales "it was the analytical side that kept coming back to be my strong point, the thing that motivated me, the thing that made me want to get out of bed in the morning and go to work."
More information about Financial institution managers and directors
Check out 3 videos about this career
DescriptionFinancial institution managers and directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of banks, building societies, insurance companies and post offices.
QualificationsEntry is possible with A levels/H grades, S/NVQ levels 4 and 5, a degree or equivalent qualification. Those with higher qualifications obtain accelerated training. Internal promotion to management is also possible. On-the-job training is provided. Professional qualifications are available and often mandatory.
- Plans, organises, directs and co-ordinates the activities of financial institutions;
- Verifies that accounting, recording and information storage and retrieval procedures are adhered to;
- Authorises loans and mortgages in accordance with bank or building society policy;
- Promotes financial services, establishes contact with the local business community and professional firms;
- Preparing general reports and briefs on more complex cases for senior management;
- Ensures compliance with the statutory regulatory framework.
for this job
|Insurance & pensions||5568|
|Head offices, etc||4375|
|Legal & accounting||3287|
|Public admin. & defence||959|
|Other personal service||589|