Olivia H is the International Operations Manager for Arcadia Group in the UK. She's had a lot of different jobs in the retail sector since graduating. She's particularly proud of the work she did in America, working with creative and marketing people to decide how the store windows should look.
Check out 1 videos about this career
DescriptionWorkers in this unit group perform a variety of sales occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 712: Sales Related Occupations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses covering practical skills and details of the product or service being sold. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
- Assesses characteristics of goods/services being sold and decides on main selling points;
- Advises clients and agents on insurance related problems, seeks new outlets for business and quotes premiums, bonus rates, tax concessions, etc.;
- Obtains orders for advertising, financial, catering, printing and transportation services;
- Organises parties in private households to sell clothing, fashion accessories, giftware and other goods;
- Provides demonstrations of a product within retail stores, exhibitions and trade fairs to promote interest amongst potential customers;
- Negotiates agreements for the passage of supply lines over or under land/property and the siting of supporting structures and other items.
for this job
|Legal & accounting||4330|
|Services to buildings||3315|
|Rental & leasing||2679|
|Architectural & related||1255|