Paul R is a Production Team Leader in an Aggregate Industries factory. He started working for Aggregate Industries in a manual job. They paid well and he wanted to support his family. Four years ago they sent him to college and now he is supervising production in one of their factories. "I've actually got the job now I've wanted for quite a few years."
More information about
Check out 9 videos about this career
DescriptionProduction managers and directors in manufacturing plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for production in manufacturing industries including the maintenance of engineering items, equipment and machinery.
QualificationsThere are no pre-set entry standards. Entry is possible with either a degree or equivalent qualification, and/or relevant experience. On-the-job training is provided and professional qualifications are available, as are S/NVQs in Management at levels 3 to 5.
- Liaises with other managers to plan overall production activity and daily manufacturing activity, sets quality standards and estimates timescales and costs;
- Manages production to ensure that orders are completed to an agreed date and conform to customer and other requirements;
- Monitors production and production costs and undertakes or arranges for the preparation of reports and records;
- Oversees supervision of the production line and its staff, ensures targets are met.
for this job
|Architectural & related||28558|
|Rubber & plastic||13970|
|Coke & refining; Chemicals,etc||8991|
|Printing & recording||7814|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- East Midlands
- Enterprise types