Paula S is a Director in the Planning Department of Colliers International (formerly Colliers CRE). "The bit that I enjoy the most is, I guess, every day's different. There isn't the monotony of doing the same thing at your desk 9 to 5. You could be out on site. You could be at meetings."
Check out 1 videos about this career
DescriptionTown planning officers direct or undertake the planning of the layout and the co-ordination of plans for the development of urban and rural areas.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess either an accredited degree or postgraduate qualification and must have completed at least two years’ work experience in town planning before gaining professional status.
- Analyses information to establish the nature, extent, growth rate and likely development requirements of the area;
- Consults statutory bodies and other interested parties to ensure that local interests are catered for and to evaluate competing development proposals;
- Drafts and presents graphic and narrative plans affecting the use of public and private land, housing and transport facilities;
- Examines and evaluates development proposals submitted and recommends acceptance, modification or rejection;
- Liaises with national and local government and other bodies to advise on urban and regional planning issues.
for this job
|Architectural & related||15323|
|Public admin. & defence||2701|
|Head offices, etc||1581|
|Sport & recreation||538|
|Computer programming, etc||413|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types