Penny T is an Associate Director at Fidelity's Strategic Alliances. She has worked her way up through a variety of jobs. She thought she wanted to be a nurse but changed her mind after a Health Studies course.
More information about Functional managers and directors n.e.c.
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionFunctional managers and directors in this unit group perform a variety of senior management tasks in respect of other specialist functions or fields of activity in organisations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 113: Functional Managers and Directors.
QualificationsEntry standards will vary according to the specific function and requirements of the organisation concerned, as will options for training off- and on-the-job.
- Helps to formulate and implement local government policy and ensures legal and statutory provisions are observed;
- Organises local authority office work and resources, negotiates contracted out services;
- Plans, organises, coordinates and directs the resources of a special interest organisation;
- Formulates and directs the implementation of an organisation’s policies;
- Represents union, association or charity in consultation and negotiation with government, employees and other bodies;
- Stimulates public interest by providing publicity, giving lectures and interviews and organising appeals;
- Directs or undertakes the preparation, publication and dissemination of reports and other information pertaining to the organisation.
for this job
|Services to buildings||17973|
|Legal & accounting||8965|
|Head offices, etc||7771|
|Computer programming, etc||7768|
|Public admin. & defence||3857|
|Architectural & related||3626|