Peter B is a Third Party Syndicate Finance Manager at Chaucer - he is an accountant within the financial services sector. But he started off as a tennis player, travelling the world to Junior International Tournaments, and hoping to represent the UK at the Beijing Olympics. But he had to rethink his future after a shoulder injury. "I had to make the choice - do I try and get better, or do I go to University... What am I going to do?" He took A levels and went to university but didn't like it there, so he got a job and trained as an accountant, working his way up within the company. He feels he brings the competitiveness and perfectionism of a sportsman to his job.
More information about Business and financial project management professionals
Check out 17 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage and oversee major projects across all sectors of modern industry, commerce and the public sector, in areas such as e-commerce, business analysis, finance, product development, marketing, human resources.
QualificationsEntry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.
- Finds out what the client or company wants to achieve;
- Agrees timescales, costs and resources needed;
- Draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project;
- Selects and leads a project team;
- Negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services;
- Ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards;
- Reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||35572|
|Computer programming, etc||16516|
|Architectural & related||14437|
|Public admin. & defence||7082|