"I was always the kid that could do better, who wasn't really engaged." Peter didn't really know what his career path would be, but knew he wanted to do something in art and design. His friend's mum got him an application form for the School of Jewellery in Birmingham and he never looked back. He now runs The Goldsmiths' Centre in London which helps give young people a route into skilled trades in the jewellery industry.
More information about Functional managers and directors n.e.c.
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionFunctional managers and directors in this unit group perform a variety of senior management tasks in respect of other specialist functions or fields of activity in organisations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 113: Functional Managers and Directors.
QualificationsEntry standards will vary according to the specific function and requirements of the organisation concerned, as will options for training off- and on-the-job.
- Helps to formulate and implement local government policy and ensures legal and statutory provisions are observed;
- Organises local authority office work and resources, negotiates contracted out services;
- Plans, organises, coordinates and directs the resources of a special interest organisation;
- Formulates and directs the implementation of an organisation’s policies;
- Represents union, association or charity in consultation and negotiation with government, employees and other bodies;
- Stimulates public interest by providing publicity, giving lectures and interviews and organising appeals;
- Directs or undertakes the preparation, publication and dissemination of reports and other information pertaining to the organisation.
for this job
|Services to buildings||17973|
|Legal & accounting||8965|
|Head offices, etc||7771|
|Computer programming, etc||7768|
|Public admin. & defence||3857|
|Architectural & related||3626|
Where to go next
- Job features
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- First job influence