Pippa was passionate about playing the violin from an early age and was a confident performer at school. Her father's illness led her to re-appraise what she wanted from life and she decided against an Oxbridge education, deciding instead to pursue her love of music. She organises concerts for Britten Sinfonia "...and I just realised that there was more to life than being a musician".
Check out 11 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities;
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client;
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors;
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff;
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event;
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||16347|
|Sport & recreation||7524|
|Services to buildings||3457|
|Head offices, etc||2055|