Richard L is Sales Manager for Ropetech at Plas y Brenin Mountain Centre. He loves outdoor activities but his father persuaded him to become a banker. "I was, in hindsight, very ill advised by him on the matter of sort of career choice. His attitude was that one doesn't need to enjoy the work that one does, what you should be doing is focusing on earning the money fulfilling your sort of obligations in life really."
More information about Sales accounts and business development managers
Check out 14 videos about this career
DescriptionSales accounts and business development managers plan, organise and undertake market research to meet the requirements of an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
QualificationsEntrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience. NVQs/SVQs in sales and qualifications from other relevant professional bodies are available.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold, contributes to the development of sales strategies and setting of sales targets;
- Discusses employer’s or client’s requirements, carries out surveys and analyses customers’ reactions to product, packaging, price, etc.;
- Compiles and analyses sales figures, prepares proposals for marketing campaigns and promotional activities and undertakes market research;
- Handles customer accounts;
- Recruits and trains junior sales staff;
- Produces reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies for senior management;
- Keeps up to date with products and competitors.
for this job
|Services to buildings||30380|
|Head offices, etc||25679|
|Computer programming, etc||21966|
|Architectural & related||14643|
|Sale of motor vehicles||13601|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types