Rob P is Sales Director of Certus Sales. "I was your lovable rogue, I was very naughty and never nasty." Rob feels he has got his success but "it wasn't like a duck to water. It took a lot of time and energy. You know, you're always improving, getting better, always have to work harder, work smarter, be more creative."
More information about Marketing and sales directors
Check out 15 videos about this career
DescriptionMarketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
QualificationsEntry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold;
- Discusses employer’s or clients’ requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customers’ reactions to products;
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities;
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff;
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||18487|
|Computer programming, etc||18114|
|Legal & accounting||12276|