Robert H is the Director of Education at Carillion, "That means I'm responsible for Carillion's education business in the UK whether it be Building Schools for the Future, further education colleges or university in England, Scotland and Wales". Rob left school with few qualifications, but took the opportunities given to him and worked his way up to where he is today.
Check out 3 videos about this career
DescriptionConstruction and building trades supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in construction and building trades.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3, in addition to significant relevant work experience.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of construction and building workers and/or subcontractors;
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements;
- Liaises with managers and contractors to resolve operational problems;
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements;
- Reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.
for this job
|Land transport, etc||2998|