Shahn G runs beauty salons in two Virgin Active health clubs. "My mum used to have someone come in and do her treatments at home, so I used to watch what she was doing to my mum and I used to think it looks quite a fun job."
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hairdressing salons, beauty treatment and similar establishments.
QualificationsNo formal qualifications are required for entry although entrants usually possess a BTEC/SQA award, an NVQ/SVQ in Hairdressing at Level 3, an apprenticeship and/or relevant experience.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff;
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems;
- Ensures clients’ records are maintained;
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy;
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met;
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products;
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
for this job
|Other personal service||29028|
|Computer programming, etc||1253|
|Sport & recreation||323|
|Coke & refining; Chemicals,etc||40|