Shaun owns his own salon and cites his brother as his hero. It was his brother who told him to 'go for the best company' which led to him getting his first job at Vidal Sasoon. Hairdressing wasn't considered 'macho' by his friends but he loves his job and says there are many highlights, one of which was "buying yourself a brand new Porsche and putting the keys in the ignition and driving away".
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hairdressing salons, beauty treatment and similar establishments.
QualificationsNo formal qualifications are required for entry although entrants usually possess a BTEC/SQA award, an NVQ/SVQ in Hairdressing at Level 3, an apprenticeship and/or relevant experience.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff;
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems;
- Ensures clients’ records are maintained;
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy;
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met;
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products;
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
for this job
|Other personal service||29028|
|Computer programming, etc||1253|
|Sport & recreation||323|
|Coke & refining; Chemicals,etc||40|