Steve G is Teaching and Learning Development Manager and Lecturer at Cambridge Regional College. He was a pipe fitter and welder, and got his first job in Further Education as a technician to support lecturers. He set his sights on becoming a lecturer. He loves teaching practical skills to practical people.
Check out 11 videos about this career
DescriptionFurther education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
QualificationsFurther education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students;
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables;
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||2989|
|Sport & recreation||2188|
|Services to buildings||1946|
|Arts & entertainment||1026|