Susan C is a Transport Planner for Halcrow. Geography was her passion and she has made it her job. She did a geography degree, and after trying computer work she followed friends advice to do a master's in Transport Planning.
More information about Architectural and town planning technicians
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionArchitectural and town planning technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist architects and planners with the design of buildings and the layout of urban and rural areas.
QualificationsEntrants possess a variety of qualifications including GCSEs/S grades, a BTEC/SQA award, an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III or a degree. Professional qualifications are available and membership to professional institutions may be required for some posts.
- Investigates proposed design with regard to practicality, cost and use;
- Prepares building plans, drawings and specifications for use by contractors;
- Liaises with engineers and building contractors regarding technical construction problems and attends site meetings on behalf of architect;
- Surveys land and property uses and prepares report for planning authority;
- Issues development permits as authorised;
- Checks that completed work conforms to specifications.
for this job
|Architectural & related||11918|
|Public admin. & defence||3122|
|Land transport, etc||782|